Skip to main content

Swimming

We finally took Aaron swimming! We originally wanted to go on the Fourth of July, but Sammy got out of work early the day before and it was blazing hot and Aaron was bored so we went then. He was pretty hesitant at first and clung to my arm so tightly he was pinching it. I hate that he's scared in those moments, but it makes me feel so good that I can comfort him.
I walked around with him in the three foot section so that about half of him was submerged. He kept making funny faces and didn't really want to play in the water because he was busy holding onto me as tightly as possible. I sat on the steps with him so that he was only a little in the water and he still wasn't sure of that. There were a few kids in the pool and he watched them very intently. I had a hard time not laughing at them because there was a teenage girl hanging with some preteen boys and she was trying to appear as cool as possible. The kids were Latinx and she kept throwing random spanish phrases at them like suck my turtle. Then she would randomly sing the lyrics to Blink 182 songs and was complaining that her parents were sending her to church camp and how she'd be stuck with all those Jesus lovers. Isn't eavesdropping the best?
The kids started screaming and that made Aaron cry. He's very sensitive to when other people raise their voice and it makes me so sad that it scares him. He's my precious boy who should never be yelled at!
The kids left and we waded in the pool a bit longer. In total we were probably there twenty minutes.

We went swimming with Lexy at their apartment because they have a huge wading section. Aaron was pretty hesitant at first, but then he was okay sitting cross legged in my lap and started splashing the water. He didn't want to wear his hat that he usually wears though and threw it straight into the water. We were having so much fun that I accidentally forgot to feed him when I normally do. I felt so bad!
When we were changing out of his swim suit, Aaron refused to sit still for me because he wanted to look at their dog.
I'm hoping to get a lot more swimming time in before summer ends, but if not we'll just have to sign him up for swimming lessons. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...