Skip to main content

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to?

My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life journey because I know it isn't going to be this filtered, awesome time.

I want to be that blog for others. I want someone who is perhaps struggling to find a post about something that relates to them that someone else might not talk about. There's some sort of relief in finding you aren't alone.
Take this picture for example. We took about ten until we got this one. Which isn't the perfect picture in any way shape or form. We got into a baby fight about it as well. I was upset that where we were sitting before was a horrible angle and made my face look fat. I thought that Sammy wasn't being considerate and just wanted to make me look bad because he always looks awesome. Which, is a crazy train of thought and not at all what he was trying to do. We had to talk it out, explain, and then finally took this one. 

Another thing that people make look especially awesome are their weddings. They look like the perfect days, from the proposal, planning, everything. Well, this process for me has been anything but perfect. In fact, just days after being engaged I was having a major freakout. Which was then resolved. The waiting period to get engaged was pretty rough for me because I was so impatient. There were many, many, many, many, tears. 

I plan to keep it real over here. Of course not to the point where I'm writing down every argument and every single bad thing and weird thing and thought. But, things also aren't going to be sugarcoated.  Ain't nobody got time to be fake. Life is awesome, lets share how it actually goes down :) 

I'm linking up with Lauren and some of my other favorite real blogs out there :)

The Best F Words

Comments

  1. I can SO relate to the 30 pictures taken to get 1 picture that really doesn't look much different than the first then you're thinking your significant other is out to just 1 up you in the looks department. Maybe we can be a little crazy sometimes lol!! And it's a darling picture by the way. Also I love that you admit to being gross it's not even gross but I love holding slugs and snails or any not too threatening bug and my husband finds it repulsive ha! It seems like the trend (and a great one at that) is to talk about being a real person and I am all for it especially in writing the only kind of sugar coated writing I like is fiction stories and half the time I actually wonder if some are real...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah oh my goodness, story of my life! And Chris can't take a photo to save his life, so even photos that aren't selfies are like blaaaah. I usually ask random strangers to take our photos instead and tell them hold the camera up high and angle it down. Because I'm a diva. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog because you are so real!!!! Also it should be noted that I am addicted to The Selection series and I have you to thank for that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...