Skip to main content

3/47

I've finished three books so far! I'm beginning if I began to shoot a bit too high on my goal of books to read this summer, but I really wanted to have something to stretch for!
The Rules. This is that book that I won off of GoodReads which was such an exciting day! And what a great book it was! It was one of my favorite kinds. This picture isn't the cover that my book has but I like it better because it has DNA on the cover and I love genetics! 
This was a great twist on the girl with manipulated DNA trying to blend in tale because…. She's half ALIEN! With romance thrown in as well. Which I loved.

Ariane also makes a very good point. All aliens or sub human creatures are usually portrayed as ugly in media so that we don't feel as bad killing them. There is a bit too much thinking about doing things than showing the feelings though, which annoyed me. It was a nice bus read though! Now I'm going to hunt down the second book. 

The final book in the Partials trilogy. This tied up all the loose ends, had me covered in goosebumps so many times, and so happy in the ending. Once again, this book has genetics and DNA  and such, so if that isn't your forte, then perhaps this isn't the best book. But, if you like strong girls, war strategizing, ethics, and romances that are so barely there but when they are it's awesome, then this is a great choice!

Ahh. The Fault in Our Stars. I don't know where to start. I have been so hesitant about starting this book. I generally stay away from sad books if I can avoid them. Life is sad enough, why force ourselves? But the hype is so large and another book by John Green- Paper Towns always stays in my mind. With the movie coming out soon and the trailers being so adorable, and being an informed wanna be author, I felt it was time to take the plunge. 

The writing is FANTASTIC. John Green has a way with words. He doesn't over describe things, or under scribe them. He is snarky, but not so snarky that it's unbelievable. He's witty. He's funny. And he's so realistic it's heart breaking. 

After finishing this book though, I was overcome with so many different emotions, I had a panic attack. Which was not fun. But, as I've had time to think and reflect, I'm really glad I read this book. Green makes some great points about life and what it is to be alive and to love people. 

 I got over my sadness at The Fault in Our Stars much faster than my sadness at Allegiant. FYI. 

What are you reading?! 

Comments

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of The Fault in Our Stars. I don't care for John Green's writing in particular, and someone had already spoiled the ending of TFIOS for me so I couldn't enjoy it as much. I didn't cry when I read the book, honestly.

    I just read The One and it was SOOOOO good!!!! So good. I'm also reading lots of books about money and other random books I found at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruins looks really interesting. I'm going to have to add it too my list. :)
    Fault in Our Stars sounds quite sad! The Little Prince gave me the "feels" too!
    Impulse by Ellen Hopkins was very moving as well.

    I've started The Air We Breathe and all I can say is wow! Only like 5 chapters in and so much has happened. I can relate to some of the characters though and their personal tragedies, so I don't know if the impact would be as great on other readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really want to read The Fault in Our Stars! It looks like a book that I would love unreasonable amounts.

    PS, Read Mistborn! :) Haha. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...