Skip to main content

First Day of Church

We went to our new ward for the first time on Father's day. It was so exciting. Sammy and I were going together, something I've been waiting for for sooooo long! We had 9:00 church which was nice but also not nice because no sleeping in. We were also a bit late because we didn't know where the building was. Because of this, we had to sit in the front row where everyone was staring at us. The kids behind us were really stressing me out, they were breathing in a weird, gagging, stressed manner. I thought perhaps one of them was having a panic attack. 

After being in the same ward for 16 years, it was weird being in this one. There wasn't a familiar face anywhere around me besides my husband of course:) The primary got up to sing and I was shocked at how small their primary was and well behaved! Not one kid tried to sing directly into the microphone. Sammy and I rated the little girls dresses. 

After sacrament, we stood there lost. Luckily, the bishops wife came up to us and introduced herself. My first impression of her was your typical pastor wife, dressed very nicely even with a hat and very friendly. The bishop came down as well and we started talking. 

I introduced myself as Kylee Gomez. It was my first day in a new place, why confuse the people when I officially get my name changed. It was so weird though! I felt like, ahh! My name! My identifier! 

The bishops wife quickly got our story and led us to gospel doctrines class. I love those classes because they're usually smaller. That was nice for our first day. The missionaries were teaching about agency which was cool. 

We split for relief society and priesthood and Sammy went with the elders. Man time! Relief society was good, I was introduced to some ladies, even the sister of a family in my old ward. (Sammy met their dad in priesthood and said he is quite the sassy pants. Ok that's my word for it.) It was weird though because there was no one relatively near my age. So trying to talk was, weird. 

After church I couldn't find Sammy. The building was new to me and everyone was clogging the halls. I found the elders who said they'd see me Tuesday night. They then asked if I was looking for my husband. That was weird to hear! They pointed me one direction, but he wasn't there. I headed the other way, he wasn't there. My third round though I found him, planning to work out with some of the men. We were then mobbed by the sister missionaries asking us to feed them. Which we said we'd do because, hey! We have our own place now! We have food, they want food, problem solved! 

It was an exciting first day at church. The best part by far though was when we got home and Sammy made brunch. That boy can cook! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...