Skip to main content

9/47

It's wedding week! And where have I been? Reading. I started one of my new favorite series on Monday and had it finished by Tuesday night. Yeah. It was that good. I also had to finish it because if I didn't, I would be thinking about it my entire honeymoon and wondering what had happened. I HIGHLY recommend the Shatter me series by Tahereh Mafi. The covers themselves had me so intrigued. Within twenty pages, I was sucked in. The writing is very poetic and Mafi experiments with how she lays the words across the pages. There were so many twists I didn't see coming, yet they were perfect. They were needed.

There's also two mini stories that go between these stories. Destroy Me which goes between the first and second book, and Fracture Me which goes between the second and third. Usually, I don't read in-between stories. But I was stuck at work when I finished the second book and needed more right away so I downloaded the story onto my phone and was sucked in. These two stories really added insight that made me perfectly ok with how the story went. NOTE-These books WILL NOT make you cry. This is not Allegiant my friends. But there are twists that seem, hey at first but then once more is revealed they seem perfect. The two short stories are combined in one book called Unite Me if you want to get them all at once. 

I could keep writing about this series for forever. Sammy is already very, very familiar with the plot because I've talked his ear off and made him read all my favorite parts. And he agrees the writing in poetic. Haha!

Another book I just finished is The Secrets of Lily Graves. I absolutely LOVE the cover. The colors are so beautiful. This was a nice reprieve from dystopian novels. It's about a girl who lives in a funeral home who gets blamed for the murder of a popular girl in their town who attacked Lily hours before she showed up dead. It was relaxing which is strange since it's a murder mystery, lovely, romantic, and I. Didn't. See. It. Coming. I hope I'm not the only one who was utterly surprised by whodunnit! 

The other book I just finished up was The Program. I was a little iffy about this story. It's about in the future how there is an epidemic of suicide so anyone showing any signs of depression is thrown into the program where they then have their minds erased. Suicide is a very iffy subject with me, but I've been trying to read all my sisters books before I leave so I decided it was time to just give it a try. The beginning was rough because the descriptions of the suicide and depression are very, real. A bit triggering. 

Once the book was done, I still didn't know how I felt. There were aspects that were very intriguing, but I just didn't know. After reading an except of the second book though, I'm definitely going to read it. I want to know what happens in these peoples crazy lives. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...