Skip to main content

Wedding Week

This last week before the wedding has been, so weird. It's been incredibly slow. Time just drags on and on, especially when I'm at work. I'm so glad that I'm done with work for awhile, I couldn't take anymore time just standing there waiting for time to pass. At least at home there's family and friends, or books to read. I haven't really done anything for the wedding this week which has been nice. All the family who is here has been helping. I feel guilty, yet, I'm losing my mind.

Sunday I got to meet Sammy's Aunt Laura, Mary, Uncle Gus, and grandma. That was so cool! I've heard so much about these people so it was great finally getting to put a name to a person and see them. His aunts are so nice and cute, and his uncle Gus looks just like his dad which was really freaking me out!

There was an, incident, wherein one of Sammy's relatives from out of state decided to try pot brownies and had WAY too many, then tried to drink wine to reverse it which is the worst thing you can do, according to my trusty weed friendly friends. I only write this to remember it because it cracks me up, we really are turning into the weed state. And the thought of people over fifty trying pot cracks me up as well.

On Tuesday Sammy texted and said that as soon as we were both done with work, he was taking me out for frozen yogurt. I was so happy that even in the midst of a crazy week with family here, he took the time to take me on a date and we got to just talk about everything but the wedding. We went to pick up some donuts for his family and Sammy was out of it and let the door hit me. I yelled Sammy! And walked back to the car so we could try that again. The woman inside Krispy Kreme saw the whole thing and said, "That's right, you have to teach them chivalry." Oh my.

I've told multiple friends that I feel like a huge ball of emotions ready to explode at any moment. I'm ready to just let it go! I feel so much all the time and don't know how to let it out. I took time today to just sit there and try to force myself to cry! It didn't work. I need some release! Man!

I love my family. I love Sammy's family. I had such a great time with everyone laughing :)

There's a chance it's going to rain. I do not want this. I want to have the wedding outside. Fingers crossed!

I made everyone laugh today. My grandpa asked where all of Sammy's relatives are from and I said, "Florida, California, Chicago, that other I state that doesn't have Chicago in it." I didn't realize that was so funny until everyone started laughing. I love making people laugh.

I'm so, out of it and an emotional ball that I couldn't stop laughing at the "I love turtles" kid. That was the first time I saw that video and it was pretty hilarious.

We took pictures of me in my dress. I can't wait to share them! Here's a sneak peek.

One more day. I just need to get through Friday and Saturday morning, and then the moment I've been waiting for will finally be here! 

Comments

  1. yayyyyyy for wedding week! your dress looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited for you!!!! I love your dress--- it's gorgeous! Happy almost wedding day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...