Skip to main content

Hiking


Whenever people talked about wanting to go hiking out of their own free will, I thought that they were crazy. Insane. Who would put themselves through that for fun??

The only times that I've been hiking has been at girls camp. I had no say in the hike, how far we went, and we went over all the things that could go wrong while hiking. While these re good things to know, and knowledge is power, it's not the best thing to hear before embarking out into the woods. 

Sammy has been wanting to go hiking for quite some time. So I finally agreed and we went out on Labor Day Weekend. It was a rough start to the morning because I was feeling anxious about the whole thing. Somehow we made it into the car and out into the woods. 

Once we got started hiking, and after a little heart to heart about my anxieties about going out, I started to enjoy it. I loved feeling my body working. Unlike running around our neighborhood, I felt accomplished after climbing over rocks and up the trail. Sammy and I stopped and took a break and sat on a huge rock and just discussed everything and anything. It was a great moment to check in with each other and just enjoy each other outside.
When I told Sammy that I was seeing all the different ways we could die, we just laughed it off together. 

 When we reached the top of the trail, we sat down again on some huge rocks and just looked out into the valley. It was beautiful.
After that hike I couldn't wait to go hiking once again. I felt so accomplished afterwards and it was so peaceful being out there with Sammy in nature. 

We tried to go again the next Saturday and that was nowhere near as nice. The place we decided to go was having a race that day. We had to drive up the dirt trail behind the racers. We missed the trail we wanted to do, and the hearest one had racers on it as well. A little upset, we hiked down to the bathroom, and then back up to our car. It turned out to actually be a hike, we were winded, dizzy, and sore by the time we got back to the car. 

I haven't given up on hiking yet though. Hopefully the next time will be as enjoyable as our first! 

Comments

  1. I used to not be into hiking but I love it now! Okay, so I still hate my life while I'm dying on a hillside, but overall I do enjoy it. I love spending time with Andy and being out in nature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...