Skip to main content

Persephone

(Disclaimer: I write all of my blog posts three weeks in advance, and I really, really hope that our fish is still alive by the time this posts.)

After a few months of having an empty fish bowl sitting on our table, Sammy and I finally went back to the pet store and got a new fish. It actually took more convincing than I thought to get him to go to the pet store. He wanted to wait until he'd be home more so there'd actually be light in our house. He also was really sad about our last fish's death, and didn't want another fish to die. 

When we got to the store, there was a group of people looking at the fish, so we wandered around a bit. To our horror, we found a dead lizard in one of the cages. He was all black and just lying there with his mouth open, his eyes closed, while crickets walked all over him. Sammy didn't believe me that he was dead, but later in the night admitted that I was right. 

So, back to the fish. We went and looked, and Sammy was immediately drawn to a little blue female veil tale. She was so tiny! I've never had a female fish before, but after looking at all the fish, we decided that she was the one. We then went and found her some bulbs to put in her bowl, along with some treats, and a new castle. It took us a bit of time to agree on which ornament to get for her bowl. Sammy really wanted the spongebob house, but I hate that show and shut that down. We ended up with a castle which she loves. There are so many places for her to swim. 

Sammy was so worried about me wiggling her too much on the drive home. It's so funny and cute how worried he gets about our animals. When we were trying to think of a name, Sammy told me that he wanted a Greek Goddess name. I pulled up a list, and we both loved Persephone, goddess of the underworld. Plus, one of my favorite Meg Cabot books is a retelling of her story:) 

We're not sure how big she's going to get, but look how tiny she is! 

We're having a lot of fun watching the bulb we put in her bowl grow as well. As soon as I dropped it in, roots shot out of the bottom, and the top opened up and a little stem popped out. I really hope there's a plant for Persephone to lay on in there soon!

After we got Persephone, I logged on Facebook to check something, and was surprised to see Facebook tell me that Sammy and I had been friends for six years. That was on August 20th. Which means that all of this time, I've had the wrong date for the day Sammy and I first met, because I definitely waited a day or two to add him as a friend. That means we probably first met August 18th, or maybe the 17th. I have no idea, and feel like a failure. Oh well.  We've known each other six years, and now we went and bought our first fish together, and life is great:) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...