Skip to main content

George

Last week, one of my old coworkers from the bookstore passed away after a lifetime battle with type one diabetes. He'd been in and out of the hospital for the past few months, but he'd been feeling well enough to return to work. My brother in law Michael and him were good friends, and that night as they were leaving work, he gave him a hug and told him he was so happy that he was getting better. Then, George went home and passed in his sleep. 
George was an amazing man. He had such great wit, humor, and intelligence. He was always smiling. I know that's often said about people, but that was true with George. Even when he was mad at someone, he was able to crack a joke and start laughing. George worked for loss prevention, so he was always watching. He'd always take funny clips of people and turn them into videos and such. He also knew where everyone was and was able to see if they were having a tough day, and would come talk to them. Whenever George came up and visited with us in the computer department, it was great.  He'd always listen to me vent about stupid things as well. 

I saw George a few months ago at a wedding, and it was just like we were back at the bookstore again. Now with his passing, all of us bookstore people are coming together to remember him. It's been so surreal. He really was such a big part of the bookstore because everyone knew him, everyone. While I wasn't the closest with George, he definitely made an impact on my life and made my time at the bookstore more enjoyable. Michael was extremely close with him though, and it's been hard to watch him be so upset. 

However, I do know that George is truly in a better place. He's just watching the cameras from a higher place, and I'm sure he'll save the good clips. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...