Skip to main content

First Date

Our first real date after having Aaron was to see Fantastic Beasts in the theater. While we'd gone on a mall date before that, that was still in the thick of my PPA and I hadn't truly bonded with Aaron yet so it wasn't as hard to leave. This time, I missed my little baby before I'd even left him with his grandparents. Somehow we were able to leave though and headed towards the movies.

It was so weird to drive without the carseat in the car, to leave without picking it up, to go to the bathroom to myself, and just walk wherever I wanted to. The last time I was at the movie theater I was super pregnant and could barely make my way to my seat and had to calculate the best times to pee. This time I was free!

I saw a poster with two of my favorite dudes on it-- Lin Manuel Miranda and Colin Firth. (I haven't seen Mary Poppins yet, but I'm so worried that Colin Firth is a bad guy.)
 
We cuddled and watched the movie. There were so many bad reviews for it but we really enjoyed it. It was something to think about besides diapers and feeding schedules, and it was fun to speculate on where the story is going.

The one bad thing was that there was a scene with a dead baby in it. That was not something I wanted to see on my first date without my baby.
Overall we had a good time though and stopped to get a peppermint milkshake on the way back. Aaron was good for his grandparents while we were out and it was a good, yet weird time. It's so weird to me how fast we went from going out on our own all the time to it being a completely weird experience to be alone just the two of us. I'm hoping that going out will get easier and won't be as weird in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...