Skip to main content

How I Thought I'd Do Things

Someone was asking me a question about how I planned to do something in the future with raising Aaron and I said, "I think I'll do it this way, but then again nothing has gone the way I thought it would so I'll just figure out what works then." 
It's funny all the things that have gone differently that I thought they would. I thought that I would breastfeed for at least six months, if not his first year of life. Ha. We made it a day and I pumped for a month before switching to solely formula. 

I thought that he'd sleep in our room for at least four months, if not the six that doctors recommend. He moved into his own room at three months and I was so sad about it, but we all started sleeping so much better afterwards. 

I thought that I'd never do the cry it out method. But that's what finally got him sleeping in his own crib. 

I thought we'd never let him sleep in his rock and play at night because it's not technically 'safe.' Yeah, he was in there his first week. 

I thought I'd dress him up in cute outfits every day. He mostly just stays in his pajamas because it's so much easier and every time I do dress him up, he has a massive blowout. 

I thought I'd do the baby led weaning method when it came to starting solids and that Aaron would just have part of our dinner every night and I'd never buy baby food from the store. So far that's all he's eaten.

I thought I'd never be one of those moms who hated being away from her baby for a few hours. I get anxious when I'm away from him for more than a few hours.   

I thought I'd be looking forward to going back to work. I do not want to go back at all right now.

I thought that I'd be motivated to go for walks and write everyday and do all of the things. I am struggling with that motivation. 

I thought that I'd love him, but it wouldn't be that intense. My love for him is so much more intense than I ever thought it could be.

Motherhood has been one big lesson in the fact that I really have no control over anything, and it's just going to keep on going on. But I'm so glad that I get to learn it with my little family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...