Skip to main content

X-Ray

I took Aaron to a GI specialist because he'd been having some weird stomach issues along with his low weight gain. I'd tried to get him an appointment with his primary care doctor to discuss what to feed him, but they couldn't get me in for three weeks. So, I called the children's hospital, dropped the names of other specialists he'd seen, and they got me an appointment a few days later. 

The specialist wasn't too concerned about his weight or other issues, but was concerned that he'd started vomiting solids and wanted to make sure that his intestines were all in the correct places. So, they scheduled him for an x-ray a few days later. 

Aaron had to fast so we had to wake him up early and feed him. We were worried that he'd be super cranky from not eating, but he actually slept the rest of the morning and I had to wake him up. He was so confused and was giving me the weirdest faces. 

 Aaron chatted in the car the whole way to the hospital and was really happy while we waited. It was right before his appointment that he started getting grumpy. We were finally called back and Aaron got into a gown, and so did we. 
They had Aaron drink a strawberry mix of barium and had him lay on his side in a weird position so that they could watch him swallow it. Sammy held his feet and I held his hand. They kept flipping him around to see the food from every angle. After he'd had an ounce, his stomach was full and we waited for it to go into his intestines. It was the craziest thing to watch. If his stomach gets full from just an ounce, how does he eat six at a time? 

It was such a relief to hear the doctors say everything looked normal. They stopped the x-ray and just a little after five minutes we were done. 

The doctors told us the whole time that Aaron is such a pleasant baby and good tempered and our next baby is probably going to be a giant grump. When people keep telling me that over and over, it really makes me not want to have another one. If I have such a hard time some days with Aaron who is such a good baby, how would I handle a grumpy one? 

I didn't realize how worried I'd been about the x-ray until after it. I was in a sad mood the rest of the day because I'd just been so worked up worried that he wasn't normal and he'd have to have major surgery and something bad would happen. Thankfully that isn't the case. I'm so thankful that we have such an amazing children's hospital so close to us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...