Skip to main content

I Did It!

Guess what blogging friends?! You know that college interview I had last week, you can read all about it on here  if you don't haha, well anyways. . . . I got in the Honors Program! I'm so excited! But I'm most excited about SCHOLARSHIPS! I got two letters in the mail today with scholarship offers in them, totaling $9500. I'm so excited! It's not good to put all your eggs in one basket but since I couldn't get a job and handle school at the same time I just hoped for scholarships. My dad was right, there's no way I would have been able to make that kind of money flipping burgers.

This is truly a blessing and I'm so grateful for it. I got an answer to my prayers about where I was supposed to go back in Septemberish but then everything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong. My forms didn't upload so I was classified as a non resident, I lost my acceptance letter with my student id, and now that id isn't working so I can't tell them I'm officially coming, because of this my housing isn't going through, and so on. I was starting to doubt if I'd actually gotten an answer or it was just where I wanted to go. It didn't help that EVERYONE else was trying to talk me out of it and go somewhere else (cough cough Utah)

 But there was this one day I was driving home from church with my dad in the car and talking to him and then I just, ahhh it's hard to describe, I got tinglies all over my body and a huge smile on my face and I knew that was where I was supposed to go. That's when I started getting scholarship offers from other colleges. But I knew there was a reason I was going to UCD and I just waited patiently. And now this scholarship that I couldn't have gotten at any of the other schools. I know there's other reasons I'm supposed to go to UCD. I can't wait to find them all out.

Not going to lie, I'm still a little terrified to live downtown. I just got the hang of my city. I'm sure it will be an adventure, which will all be blog worthy.

So there you go world. I'm going to be a UCD ________ (insert future mascot name here. They're working on it still ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Christmas Lights

It’s funny having a baby and then trying to do things. I’ve noticed over the last year that I’ve gotten an I Can’t do that sort of attitude. We can’t do that because Aaron will cry and we’ll get cranky and so on. I’m really trying to work on that.  My anxiety out in public is much worse too. Now I have two people to protect not just myself. The library definitely changed how I look at places and I wish it hadn’t.  Sammy really wanted to go to a Christmas village downtown but I was too overwhelmed by all the logistics. So we compromised and went to one near us. It was so much fun! It was cold out but not too too bad. Aaron loves looking at the Christmas lights at our apartments, and he really loved these ones. It was so much more fun trying to look at these things through his eyes.  He was also fascinated by the mini Santa and Mrs. Clause at grandma’s house.  I’m so glad we went and can’t wait to go next year when he’s walking:)