I went to my first swim meet today, and unfortunately it won't be my last. It wasn't that bad, it was actually kind of cool but I just didn't want to see half my school almost naked. Shivers. It was a little stressful at first because in my hurry to get to the swim meet, I grabbed a camera bag out of my parents closet, looked in it, saw a camera, and then ran to the car. The bestby was coming with me because all his friends are on the swim team and because he's a great friend :) When I got to his house to pick him up, while I was waiting, I looked at the camera to make sure the batteries were charged. That was when I discovered it wasn't my mom's fancy digital camera that takes GREAT action shots, but in fact, an old fashioned camera that required FILM. That's right ladies and gentleman, film. GASP! I took photography back in 10th grade but I wasn't confident with my skills with a film camera to put film in it and take pictures. My heart sank.
I thought it was going to be ok though because I always have my blogging camera. Granted, it can't take a moving picture at all, but it would do right? Wrong. I'd left my backpack at home with that camera in it. I was screwed and the meet started in seven minutes. I thought I could explain my sad tale to the deans and they could let me into the yearbook room and let me get one of those cameras, but my id and key to camera cabinet was in my backpack too. The ONE time I don't bring it with me. . .
The bestby saved the day with his fancy shmancy smart but sometimes stupid phone. Speaking of which, his brother won't stop giving me crap about mine. He obviously doesn't know my phone history and how this is the longest I've ever had one and I'm not upgrading it to one of those billion dollar a month phones. I'm sticking with this one till death do we part! I just knocked on wood so any jinxing is now cancelled. Hahaha! But the bestby let me use the camera on his phone to get some shots, but the teams a lot bigger than I thought so I'm going to have to go to another swim meet and get grossed out again.
Ok, this is why I was grossed out. First off, boys are gross! They have hair everywhere and and just eww eww eww ewww! Yeah, I definitely closed my eyes alot because I was traumatized from seeing half naked classmates. And seeing people wear speedos for the first time in my life. It's good the bestby's chest smells good because that's where my face was most of the time. Secondly, I think pools are the most disgusting places in the world. They're wet, people are practically naked in them and every single time I go to one, there is that nasty used bandaid that floats up to me the second I dare take off my shoes. I had my shoes on the whole time today and I saw bandaids! Third, everyone has to bring all their nasty stuff to the pools and leave used ziploc bags around and lay their towels everywhere making everything wet and I'm starting to gag a little bit just writing this. I also don't like not being in control. And if my feet can't touch the floor, I can't be in control. This pool had no four foot section. What's up with that?!Pools and I just don't get along. Why did I sign up to do the boys swimming page again?
Because of the camera mess up, I'm going to have to go to another meet. Oh joy. Ok, I'll say the good things now. It was pretty cool watching the people swim through the water like fish. They were all so graceful at it. And they had to be incredibly strong to swim that much. It was cool to watch that. But the cons definitely out weighed the pros. Oh well. It was a fun afternoon with the bestby :) Plus I can graduate knowing I watched a total of three different sports meets!
I thought it was going to be ok though because I always have my blogging camera. Granted, it can't take a moving picture at all, but it would do right? Wrong. I'd left my backpack at home with that camera in it. I was screwed and the meet started in seven minutes. I thought I could explain my sad tale to the deans and they could let me into the yearbook room and let me get one of those cameras, but my id and key to camera cabinet was in my backpack too. The ONE time I don't bring it with me. . .
The bestby saved the day with his fancy shmancy smart but sometimes stupid phone. Speaking of which, his brother won't stop giving me crap about mine. He obviously doesn't know my phone history and how this is the longest I've ever had one and I'm not upgrading it to one of those billion dollar a month phones. I'm sticking with this one till death do we part! I just knocked on wood so any jinxing is now cancelled. Hahaha! But the bestby let me use the camera on his phone to get some shots, but the teams a lot bigger than I thought so I'm going to have to go to another swim meet and get grossed out again.
Ok, this is why I was grossed out. First off, boys are gross! They have hair everywhere and and just eww eww eww ewww! Yeah, I definitely closed my eyes alot because I was traumatized from seeing half naked classmates. And seeing people wear speedos for the first time in my life. It's good the bestby's chest smells good because that's where my face was most of the time. Secondly, I think pools are the most disgusting places in the world. They're wet, people are practically naked in them and every single time I go to one, there is that nasty used bandaid that floats up to me the second I dare take off my shoes. I had my shoes on the whole time today and I saw bandaids! Third, everyone has to bring all their nasty stuff to the pools and leave used ziploc bags around and lay their towels everywhere making everything wet and I'm starting to gag a little bit just writing this. I also don't like not being in control. And if my feet can't touch the floor, I can't be in control. This pool had no four foot section. What's up with that?!Pools and I just don't get along. Why did I sign up to do the boys swimming page again?
Because of the camera mess up, I'm going to have to go to another meet. Oh joy. Ok, I'll say the good things now. It was pretty cool watching the people swim through the water like fish. They were all so graceful at it. And they had to be incredibly strong to swim that much. It was cool to watch that. But the cons definitely out weighed the pros. Oh well. It was a fun afternoon with the bestby :) Plus I can graduate knowing I watched a total of three different sports meets!
Comments
Post a Comment