Skip to main content

Raindrops and Roses

Sometimes I wanna pull a blanket over my head and never come out. It just makes me really sad looking at all the ways people go looking for happiness. Or what they'll do to be cool. I mean, I was 16 once upon a time but seriously? I sometimes worry the fate of the world is doomed just from getting on facebook and seeing what people are up to. . . . But today I read this note I found in my dresser and it said that sometimes the world is going to seem suckish with all the crap out there, but to stay positive and look for the good things. I know, you've probably heard that a thousand times but it really helped today. 
Flowers are so amazing. I used to think they were dumb because they're so hard to keep alive and then they just die and sometimes there's bees in them that pop out like a Jack in the box. But I keep finding shriveled up dead flowers all over my room from the summer and random days and they still smell so good and make me smile :) Yes, dead flowers are pretty. 
And then I was reading through my EFY notebook over the summer and I remembered all the awesome people who were there and man. We're the next generation in the world, and if we all stick to our beliefs we can really make a difference. Shabam. 
Incase any of you were wondering, I have the most awesomest boyfriend in the world. He makes me delicious cheese sandwiches and sings Selena Gomez to me when I'm scared. 
I had to pick a favorite teacher for an appreciation dinner, and it was one of the hardest things to do EVER. There's just so many amazing people out there who've made an impact on my life. 
Sidenote- in English we have a choice to read either Wuthering Heights, Dracula, or Frankenstein, and I chose Wuthering Heights because it's mentioned in Twilight and since Stephanie Meyer said that the Hunger Games was awesome on her website before it was even in the stores and look at just how big The Hunger Games is now, so I trust her judgement. But anyways, we were having a vocab quiz and all the Dracula kids argued with the teacher for about twenty minutes about how taking a five word vocab quiz was not fair and bla bla bla bla. And I got sick of it so I raised my hand and was like yo I'm ready to take my quiz word. Ok, I didn't say it just like that. But yeah.
Is it weird to read the blogs of people you don't know? Because I was doing that today and I couldn't. Stop. I just had to know what happened next in their lives! Man oh man. 
That awkward moment when two teachers like each other but won't admit it to their inner souls and you just want to help them but can't. . . . Maybe I read too many romance boooks.
Speaking of which, the librarians now know my name and I'd be surprised if they didn't have my id number memorized and always ask me what I'm reading. 
Animals that are in full rigor mortis can be used in making physical pendulums. ha. Ha. ha. 
I guess the world isn't that bad. Cool!

Comments

  1. Missed you today. Hope you had fun at the singles ward. I hope you enjoy Wuthering Heights, really not one of my favorites, but I know plenty of people that love it. I hope you have fun at the teacher appreciation dinner. You are awesome by the way and I too love dead flowers. I've kept a lot the flowers Matt has given me over the years. They are still beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I missed you tooo! The singles ward was pretty different, I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. Haha! I'm liking it so far but I'm only on chapter 8 haha apparently its going to get dark ahhhh!!! You save all your flowers too?!? Ahhhh :) I loooove you Sista Jones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...