Twas Stake Conference today. I actually enjoyed it. I usually don't simply because I have a hard time sitting still that long and all the little kids drive me nuts. But I just blocked all that out and actually listened. There was a talk on the For Strength of Youth that I really liked. It was cool to see that other people look at it the same way as I do. I used to struggle with some of the things in there but I feel like now that I'm older and seen more of the world, I truly have a testimony that the standards in there keep us free.
My friend Justin also gave a talk on the priesthood. I really enjoyed his talk. It was so weird seeing him up there because I remember when I met him four years ago at a dance and he told me he was a football player. I recently found out he said that to all the girls to make himself sound cool which is so funny if you've ever met Justin. He's been one of those great friends who's always been there for me and wasn't afraid to let the world know his beliefs no matter what.
The other talks were amazing too. It's so funny when all the old men make jokes about how old they are. I love listening to the Patriarch talk because it always reminds me of the day I got my blessing. Every time I read it I know more and more that he didn't come up with what to say, God did.
Our ward was in charge of stacking all the chairs. It didn't take that long because everyone helped out. I stacked a few chairs but then Bridget came over. I love her. Just giving you a shout out Bridget. :) She's one of those friends I feel so lucky to have. She's always been there for me and isn't afraid to tell me I'm being ridiculous. She has such a strong spirit and is funny. And she always has smart funny jokes. And the turkey handshake! Hehehe:) I feel so honored that she reads my blog!
But we had a discussion about feminism and her mom said that feminism is being able to choose and she chose not to stack the chairs. I thought that was funny. I'm going to look up the ideas of feminism later.
In the car ride home we were asking my mom and dad if they had bachelor parties and such and what he thought the first time he met my mom. He was silent for a minute so I thought he wasn't going to answer. Then he said that an a wanna be man would answer that question but a true man knows that it's only a trap and not to answer it. He said it was exactly like the do I look fat in this dress question. So then we of course assumPublish Posted that he was saying he thought our mom was weird or something, and he was like Don't put words in my mouth!
This was another one of those instances where I realized my dad is a very smart man.
My friend Justin also gave a talk on the priesthood. I really enjoyed his talk. It was so weird seeing him up there because I remember when I met him four years ago at a dance and he told me he was a football player. I recently found out he said that to all the girls to make himself sound cool which is so funny if you've ever met Justin. He's been one of those great friends who's always been there for me and wasn't afraid to let the world know his beliefs no matter what.
The other talks were amazing too. It's so funny when all the old men make jokes about how old they are. I love listening to the Patriarch talk because it always reminds me of the day I got my blessing. Every time I read it I know more and more that he didn't come up with what to say, God did.
Our ward was in charge of stacking all the chairs. It didn't take that long because everyone helped out. I stacked a few chairs but then Bridget came over. I love her. Just giving you a shout out Bridget. :) She's one of those friends I feel so lucky to have. She's always been there for me and isn't afraid to tell me I'm being ridiculous. She has such a strong spirit and is funny. And she always has smart funny jokes. And the turkey handshake! Hehehe:) I feel so honored that she reads my blog!
But we had a discussion about feminism and her mom said that feminism is being able to choose and she chose not to stack the chairs. I thought that was funny. I'm going to look up the ideas of feminism later.
In the car ride home we were asking my mom and dad if they had bachelor parties and such and what he thought the first time he met my mom. He was silent for a minute so I thought he wasn't going to answer. Then he said that an a wanna be man would answer that question but a true man knows that it's only a trap and not to answer it. He said it was exactly like the do I look fat in this dress question. So then we of course assumPublish Posted that he was saying he thought our mom was weird or something, and he was like Don't put words in my mouth!
This was another one of those instances where I realized my dad is a very smart man.
Comments
Post a Comment