Skip to main content

Monday, Monday, Monday!

Monday was my job interview! In the morning, as part of my goals, I went out for a bike ride. Except before my bike ride, I had a cinnamon roll for breakfast. My mom made homemade ones the night before and I figured I'd eat it, then go work it off. WORST. IDEA. EVER. I was dizzy and felt weird and as soon as I got home, the heartburn started. At least, I think it was heart burn. My throat was burning like it'd never burned before and I could feel gunk in it, yeah not good. I was freaking out because I had my interview in a few hours and I just wanted it to stop. It eventually did after I tried not to think about it. And had some tums.

While waiting for my heartburn to stop, I finally watched the season finale of NCIS with my mom. It made me SO mad! I won't spoil it here. I was very very very upset and it's going to be a long wait of Tuesday's until it comes back on again and I find out what happens!

Job interview. I got to the store twenty minutes early. The bestby called me and gave me words of encouragement. I walked into the store ten minutes early. The manager was on call so all of us girls had to wait thirty minutes. They told us to wait in the perfume section so all of us walked around, smelling everything. Eventually that got old and we all got into a circle and became friends. All of the girls were really nice.

The interview went ok, I thought. Since there were so many of us, and she just called out a question for us all to answer, someone always said what I was going to say before I said it. The girl next to me was very very talkative. I answered as many as I could though, and did my best. Whatever happens, happens I guess. I just really hope I get the job there. They're only hiring seasonal employees which is what I could work which is cool. Fingers crossed!

The bestby had to work a shift at his store an hour after my interview got over, so he came early and we got lunch! It was so cute. I felt like one of those old couples, catching lunch during lunch breaks. It was so fun :) We went to a sandwich shop and the bestby was overwhelmed by all the options.


He finally picked one! 

The sandwich bag wall!

I felt like I was in Paris on our little lunch date.

Since we ate outside, there were little birds everywhere. There was this really cute one who came up right next to me. I gave him a little piece of cookie because I loved him, and guess what! He took the cookie and flew right away. RUDE! Then he came back a few minutes later. I didn't give him any cookie so he wouldn't leave and was trying to get a picture of him, but he caught on to me and left. I wanted to wait for him to come back but the bestby had to go to work. So I left a trail of cookie crumbs all the way to his door and outside his store so hopefully the birdy would come back and he could get a picture. The birds didn't eat the cookies though, they were still waiting out there when the bestby got off work. Oh well. Their loss! 

It was a great Monday :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...