Skip to main content

Goals

Well. It's happened. I'm bored. I've only been out a week and I'm bored. I remember my young women's leader would always say, only boring people get bored. Hence, a new game plan! I decided on a few goals for this summer! 1. Get a job. 2. Exercise every day. 3. Read the BOM everyday. 4. Write everyday. So far, I'm doing pretty good! It is only day one though, so I better keep this up. I went for a bike ride this morning! Man, I am out of shape! And I've grown a couple inches since the last time I rode my bike. Which was like. . . Ok too long ago to remember. It took me an hour and a half just to get out the door! I had to get my bike down from the ceiling, attempt to fill up the tires with air, look around the garage for the little thingy that goes on the air compressor, call my dad when I can't find it, fill up the tires, try to figure out why the little screwy thing won't go back on, charge my iPod, and try to find one of those little back pack things because my bike doesn't have a water bottle holder.

I made it out though! When I finally did, I realized how out of shape I am. I only rode two miles today. It was my first day though. They're setting up our annual city festival where I was riding, so I had to be on the look out for trucks, golf carts, and really huge hoses that I felt bad riding over. I hope that the fair doesn't get cancelled this year like it did last year! Sammy's never been and I can't wait to show him what it means to live here! Plus, they have the best french fries there, in. The. World. They're all crispy and I looove crispy fries! We'll probably end up spending most of the day watching the bands, that's my dad's favorite part.

The jam session's tomorrow. The jam session is a thing a guy in my ward sets up every year, where you can come and get into a 'band' where theres a guitar player and drummer who know two songs and then teach everyone else how to play them. Then at the end of the night, all the 'bands' get on stage and play for everyone else. It's a really cool experience and something I love being a part of. My dad and I usually run a group and it's been really fun. Also, the band I was in for a little bit, we met at a jam session! Plus, it's a way to show that you don't have to do drugs and such to play rock and roll.

 I'm a little nervous because after four years they FINALLY changed the songs that we're going to play, and I haven't practiced yet, and if I haven't practiced yet how am I supposed to help teach little kids how to drum? Usually I end up just showing em when to play a cowbell or tambourine because you can't have two people playing the drum set at the same time. That's a huge no no. The drummer gets to pick the tempo, and has to keep the rest of the instruments in line. If there's two drummers and they aren't completely in sync. . . Bad things happen. Plus, I'm a pretty good drummer but not good enough to tune out someone playing horribly wrong. I hope it all works out. And that my dad doesn't throw out his back lifting heavy equipment again. He seems to always do that but he loves the rock and roll so much, he can't seem to help himself.

It'll all work out though. It always does. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...