Skip to main content

I Can't Wait to be Odd Again!

Tomorrow's my birthday. I'm pretty excited because I'll get to be an odd number again! I much rather prefer being an odd number than an even. Man, 18 you were jam packed with tons of crazy things. A ton. Now I get to start all over, and hopefully cram even more awesome experiences into a year. I'm dreading being 20 by the way. Eww. It just sounds gross.

Today was a pretty funny day. I just discovered moments ago that I totally left my pajamas and underwear on the bathroom floor next to my lotion and deoderant. They were all standing up quite nicely. I have no idea how I got so distracted this morning that I left them there. Joice said she thought I'd been kidnapped until she saw the bottles standing up so nicely.

I absolutely love this jacket. Best. Purchase. Ever. Rocking the floral!


I may or may not have given this boy the best pep talk in the history of pep talks. These are some of the quotes that came out of this talk. Feel free to quote me later.
"You gotta be like Matt Damon."
"Or you could be like Mulan. She cut off her hair and was a cross dresser. And she saved China. Look at China today, they do some pretty cool things."
"Hey, Zeus had to be brave when he made Saturn puke up all his children."
"I would say you should be like the Little Mermaid, but now that I think about it, I think the moral of the story is boys are dumb."
"You just really have to be like Matt Damon!" 

You probably feel inspired now too, huh? Especially with all these out of context. 

I thought this was the coolest outfit ever. So of course a picture had to go on the blog.

After all that talk about Matt Damon, I really want to watch We Bought A Zoo tomorrow. Which is why we're going to. Cause it's my birthday, I'm picking! It'll nice to be able to watch a movie with my friends for once.

The bookstore wasn't that bad today. A girl asked me for book suggestions though today and I was totally caught off guard! I told her to read Delirium by Lauren Conrad and Uglies by Scott Westerfield. As soon as she left though, I remembered Meg Cabot! My favorite author of all time! Don't tell her I forgot her in this time of crisis.

Guess what topped of the day though. THEY HAD MEXICAN FOOD FOR DINNER! Hallelujiah! I was so happy.

Today was a great last day of being even. Now I can't wait for what being odd has in store for me. Hopefully something good.

I've debated setting my roommates alarm to 4:07, the time I was born, so she can wake up and wish me a happy birthday right then. She gets up at 5:30 to do her hair, what's an hour's difference going to make? Hehehehe!

Comments

  1. I hope your day was FANTASTIC! Enjoy 19!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! You rock! I'll be 19 looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...