Skip to main content

I Wear Clothes

I wear clothes. Yep! It's a true statement! But ever since I've gotten down here, I've been trying to make more of an effort to not live in my baggy tshirts. And it's been really fun! I'm nowhere near fashion blogger status, and I have to take all these pictures myself because all my roommates are gone by the time I put clothes on. But yeah! I thought I had some pretty cute outfits this week!

Sorry they're all sideways. I'm too lazy to flip them.


It rained the first time this day! I was so warm with my scarf, and my umbrella's my new best friend! I can't believe I've never used one until this week. I also was one of the only cashiers in the bookstore that day, which was really fun! I was busy the whole time and the shift went really fast! When my lead clocked me out he was shocked that I'd done 300 transactions. I felt pretty awesome. And my friends visited me, they kept me entertained.

On Thursday, we got Mexican food. They never have any in the cafeteria and I'm used to eating it pretty frequently so when I saw a mexican food truck, I got some! It was the best smothered burrito in my life. The lady asked me what kind of meat I wanted, and there were about six kinds and I freaked out because I didn't know the differences. Luckily the bestby was there. I got chicken by the way. He got some weird turtle sandwich.


Yay! Mexican food!!!!!

But by far the most exciting outfit this week, was todays. Back in high school, a group of friends and I would always wear crazy socks on Fridays. I wanted the tradition to continue after I graduated but was doubtful because I didn't wear very many crazy socks senior year. Well imagine my surprise when I got on facebook and saw that my school was having a Rock Sock Friday. I was so happy! My dreams have come true!

So even though I had to dress professional for my classes today, I still rocked some socks thank you very much. It took me about thirty minutes to figure out how to get all of me in this picture by the way. 

So that was my week! I wore clothes. And I'm going to wear clothes again next week too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...