Skip to main content

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.

You know those days, when you're at church and its like everything they say is meant for you? Today I got to watch the bestby have one of those. It was a cool experience.

I got my first calling in the branch today. Wasn't too excited about it honestly. Put me in a stressed mood. It's on the fellowshipping committee. I don't really know how this is all going to work out, especially since I only live in the branch boundaries half of Saturday and Sunday. But I know I'm supposed to have this calling and it'll work out. And the sooner I get over my negative attitude about it, the sooner they'll release me. ;)

Britton and the bestby watched me get set apart. My two best friends! And yes, yes you can have more than one at a time.

That annoying moment when you realize that you still have a grudge against someone and you kinda sorta need to get over yourself and forgive. Again.

Patience. When will I ever learn you? When? Is asking you when I will learn you impatience as well? Oh man. This is something that's been an ongoing learning experience for me, especially the last two years. What I have learned is that the things I want to happen happen when I let them be and just happen as they should. It's just hard to let go over and over and over again.

I saw my first shooting star April 21st around midnight after crying over that cat at prom. I just remembered this right now for some reason.

I'm really starting to like college. Like a lot. I love being able to ride my bike. Be able to sit in the park by myself and write and people not pity me for being alone. Being treated like an adult. Yet being dorks at lunch. How I can really be who I am. For example, in high school I didn't tell anyone that I wanted to be a writer. Now I tell everyone.

All my new friends stick up for me and my mormon ways. No questions asked. I love it!

I wear my pajamas as soon as I get out of class. Some of the girls put on more makeup when they're done with class.

I write and eat Reeses Puffs every night. It's quite great.

I made the first cut of lay offs at work. There's another one this week. I hope I get to keep my job at the bookstore!!!! It's nice not having to worry about working on Sundays. And I've made a ton of friends there.

I have an easier time making friends that aren't my age. I FINALLY made a friend in my honors class. The two of us weren't swept up into automatic cliques last week. We were both in the park, reading and writing respectively. So then we sat with each other in class. We talked. A lot. Then I found out she's turning 20. Point proven. I have problems making friends my age. Much easier if they're a year older or two, or a year younger.

It get's hard to leave to go back to my dorm every week, and hard to come back.

I wish the dog would seem a little happier to see me every week, goodness!

I'm bringing down the crazy socks to my dorm this week. It's going to get cold soon. And I'm going to need my socks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Christmas Lights

It’s funny having a baby and then trying to do things. I’ve noticed over the last year that I’ve gotten an I Can’t do that sort of attitude. We can’t do that because Aaron will cry and we’ll get cranky and so on. I’m really trying to work on that.  My anxiety out in public is much worse too. Now I have two people to protect not just myself. The library definitely changed how I look at places and I wish it hadn’t.  Sammy really wanted to go to a Christmas village downtown but I was too overwhelmed by all the logistics. So we compromised and went to one near us. It was so much fun! It was cold out but not too too bad. Aaron loves looking at the Christmas lights at our apartments, and he really loved these ones. It was so much more fun trying to look at these things through his eyes.  He was also fascinated by the mini Santa and Mrs. Clause at grandma’s house.  I’m so glad we went and can’t wait to go next year when he’s walking:)