Sometimes I ask Sammy if he still likes me. He used to think this was ridiculous, but now he doesn't. I remember reading a quote somewhere that said you don't always have to like your partner, but you always have to love them. After these craazy 2.5 years together, I know that he's always going to love me. (And I know there's tons more of crazy to come.) He's seen all the good, the bad, the crazy, and even the puking and for some reason he's still here, and still stays up late at night to tell me why he's still here. I know he'll always love me, but I also know there are times that I'm annoying and that he might not like me. That's definitely been something to learn. I don't like it when people are annoyed with me. I want to fix it right away. If I had it my way, I'd never be annoying.
Sadly, that's not how it works.
So I find myself asking Sammy if he still likes me at times. And he always gives a little laugh and tells me yes, he still likes me. Sometimes he even tells me if I don't ask. The other day he told me that he likes me so much, he wants to be a little old man with me and that just melted my little heart and made everything better.
He still likes me. And I still like him.
Sadly, that's not how it works.
So I find myself asking Sammy if he still likes me at times. And he always gives a little laugh and tells me yes, he still likes me. Sometimes he even tells me if I don't ask. The other day he told me that he likes me so much, he wants to be a little old man with me and that just melted my little heart and made everything better.
He still likes me. And I still like him.
Comments
Post a Comment