Skip to main content

Fortunate

The Best F Words

Last night, I was a complete grumpy ungrateful mess. I was just sitting there fuming at everything that I thought was wrong. I was upset that I didn't feel as happy as I thought I should and how dare people do this and, yeah. It was no fun. I even checked out Lauren's blog to see what the next F word was, because I was catching up on blogging. Fortunate. I was not feeling fortunate and there was no way that I was going to post about it. Who reads this blog anyway?

This morning though, I was going through the blogs and read Lauren's post on being fortunate. On just saying a grateful prayer. As I read, the words softened my heart. I immediately felt better and hopeful. I'm not in some depressed slump, I've just been forgetting to be grateful! And there's so many things that I am fortunate to have.

Sammy. He is an angel sent down that I get to spend eternity with. He's always there for me and so patient with me. He's always cheering me on. I like to think that I do the same for him. Neither of us is perfect, but we're both willing to put in the work to be together.

A wedding. This has been causing me the most stress lately and I may or may not curse it. But, I'm so fortunate to be getting married. I'm fortunate to have so many people willing to help out. And, even though it causes me stress, I'm fortunate that my in laws are actually on board and not fighting everything tooth and nail anymore. I'm so grateful that this is all coming together and happening.

Spring Break. I was feeling down last night that this break is almost over. But I'm so fortunate to have had a Spring Break and do so many fun things and spend so much time with family! I'm also so fortunate that I'm able to go to school and get my degree.

Work. I'm so fortunate to have a job that works around my school schedule and I don't have to worry about working Sundays. Everything isn't sunshine and roses there but it's a job, and its helping so that I can live on my own.

I'm fortunate that this was today's topic, right when I needed it. Today is going to be a great day. :) 

Comments

  1. Reading this just made me think: were you already in Logan!? Did I miss you!?! Yikessss!

    A wedding - although stressful - is definitely something to be grateful for! Especially the whole MARRIAGE part after! And I'm so happy to hear the future in laws are more on board than before! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...