Skip to main content

I had an accident

Last Wednesday I was waiting for Sammy to get out of class. I had a poetry meeting later that night, so I bought myself a nice yogurt parfait to hold me over for the rest of the night. Sammy headed off to class and I ate my yogurt while reading a book. A few minutes later, I was thrown forward and yogurt went everywhere.

Sammy's class had been cancelled and in his excitement at more time to hang out, he ran up and threw his jacket at the back of my head, knocking the yogurt in my hands everywhere. I kind of sat there in shock for a bit, said Sammy! really loud, and then. Started laughing. And laughing. Sammy started apologizing profusely and stood there in horror. I remember him saying, Please don't yell at me. I didn't though because sometimes, you just have to laugh. Which I did. And then while Sammy went to get napkins, I ate yogurt off my pants because I'd paid three dollars dang it and I was hungry. Then I kept laughing. And laughing.

Sammy helped me clean up but I had yogurt all over my pants and it dried all funky. We tried cleaning the couch up but there was a slight stain. We decided it looked like someone had died there, or had their period unexpectedly. When I went to the poetry meeting, I spelled strongly of yogurt. I was just glad the pants were so dark so nobody could see anything. It was so funny and a great story, and I'm so glad it happened. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...