Skip to main content

Halloween Prep

Halloween is Sammy's favorite holiday. It's also one of mine. I just love the skeletons and jack-o-lanterns, and all the colors of Halloween. 
Sammy and I have had quite a few Halloweens together. Our first Halloween I was sick the day of, so he came over and watched a movie with me, which was so sweet. We did have costumes, we dressed up as Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron for a Halloween party the week before Halloween. While it was fun, I don't like buying pre-made costumes because we spent a bit of money on those suits and literally only wore them for a few hours at a friends Halloween party. Plus, they weren't the most flattering and no pictures of that have survived.

 Our second Halloween I was in the dorms and he was on 'trick or treat duty.' Literally, he wasn't allowed to leave home on Halloween because his dad wanted him to hand out candy.  He went as a rational consumer, and I was Elle Woods. 
That was one of my favorite costumes because I was able to throw it together with my closet and borrowing a few things from Joice. That's how you do Halloween! 

Our third Halloween I 'dressed up' as Tris from Divergent. Sammy drew on the birds for me. That was good, but still, no couples costume. 
The next year I dressed up for Day of the Dead and Sammy was Clark Kent. 
Last year I'd really been hoping to do a couple's costume. We'd been debating things all year. However, we were invited to a Halloween party where your costume had to have a twist, and I decided to be a punk Hermione because that was easy. Sammy waited until the last moment, literally, and we were scavenging the Halloween stores the morning of looking for zombie makeup. He has a thing for zombies which I don't understand. When we couldn't find any, I did my best to try and make him look like a zombie and instead he just looked tired. I told him to tell people he was an overworked Clark Kent. 

BUT
This year, this year we are going to have a couple's costume. Let me set the scene. We were putting our laundry away while watching Parks and Rec, our favorite show. It was a Halloween episode and bam!

There it is.
Sammy was actually the one who said it. I think it's because he wants to wear the thin mustache. I couldn't believe it when he said he wanted to be the Princess Bride. That's like every girls dream, and Sammy was the one who brought it up, not me! I had to act quickly, so I got it in writing.

I'm so excited! Now we have to start putting everything together. See you in October!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...