Skip to main content

Mukubi Wedding

Thankfully I had work off and I was able to go to my friend Philippe's wedding with Sammy and Michael. Philippe's been such a great friend to me so I wanted to be there for his special day! 
We had to take pictures in the backyard since we were looking so nice!

The wedding was in the city park next to the lake and was absolutely beautiful. I don't have any pictures from the ceremony since there was a sign nicely asking us to not take pictures, and I'm a rule follower. There were so many cute aspects though, and the day was absolutely perfect. As the bridesmaids were walking down with their perfectly done hair and flowers, and all these cute things, I whispered to Sammy asking if we could re-do our wedding. Seeing other people's weddings after ours, there's so many things I wish we could have done differently, or I would like to add. He said no, because our wedding day was absolutely perfect. 

I about swooned. I love that boy so much:)
Philippe and Jennifer were very emotional during the ceremony and you could tell how much they loved each other. There were a lot of tissues going around for them to get through the ceremony which was adorable. 

Then there was the reception, which was also gorgeous. We got to try African food, and it was pretty good! It was fun to hear all of the toasts from people talking about how Philippe and Jennifer met, and to just hear more about them then I learned working with Philippe. It was a little cold in the reception and Sammy gave me his jacket which was nice:)

 It was nice seeing all of Philippe's friends as well and their families. Almost everyone there was a mixed couple, with the most adorable kids. It's a fact that mixed babies are the cutest, and I can't wait to see our future children one day. It always blows my mind though to think that not even fifty years ago, marrying someone outside your race was illegal. It's nice to see progress in this world. 
The dancing was interesting. We didn't dance, but everyone else did and it was fun to watch. We caught up with Philippe and Jennifer, and Jennifer totally remembered me even though we've only met once before, which I appreciated. I'm so happy for these two, and wish them so much happiness! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...