Skip to main content

Dress Up

One of my other favorite things about my job is that I get to dress cute. I'm not always on my feet, so I can wear sensible cute shoes, and the dress code is business casual. My parents were nice enough to buy me new shirts for graduation, and I got a few pairs of pants. Getting ready every morning has been a blast, and the other girls at work also dress up so we have fun complimenting each other's outfits. They've also given me advice on hair, which has really made my hair curl more! I feel so much more confident as well. 

Here's a few of my favorite outfits. Please excuse my mirror shots. I don't have time to take nice pictures every morning. 
The nice thing is that when I try something like tucking my shirt in, something I'm not entirely comfortable with, my coworkers let me know that I'm looking good. I love experimenting and piecing these together and feeling pretty:) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...