Skip to main content

Two Years

Sammy and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary last week! I seriously can't believe that it's already been two years with him.
 
I know it's cliched, but two years ago I had no idea how much more I could fall in love with him. He's truly become my best friend, and we grow more and more together every day. It hasn't always been easy. Not even close. There's been a lot of adjusting, a lot of learning, and a lot of growing together. I remember being surprised our first month of marriage how much we fought in the grocery store, deciding what to buy. But, there's been so much growth and accomplishment. 

In the past two years we've: 
Gone on five trips together
Bought two cars 
Conquered my fear of flying 
Made a home together 
Gotten Sealed 
A job promotion for Sammy
Graduated college
Gotten a real job
Had our first pet (Gerald)
Experienced the death of our first pet (Gerald)

Discovered the magic of Sonic (and many many other places)
Learned to cook so many new things 
Had a lot of laughs
Learned to communicate effectively (well, more effectively. That's always a learning process)
Made lots of friends 

And that's just a baby list. There's so many things that we want to do this summer alone, and onwards. 

To celebrate our two years, Sammy came and visited me at work. We went to my favorite restaurant nearby (make that, the only one I've tried nearby.) It was a low key celebration, but one that works for us at this stage in life. Sammy also did the dishes in the morning which made me swoon. He's been such an amazing support this past month, and always. I'm so excited for upcoming anniversaries and all that comes with them. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...