I've always struggled with keeping friends who are girls. Part of it is because when I meet someone who's awesome and I look up to, I want them to like me. So sometimes without consciously thinking about it, I start changing myself when I'm around them in hopes that they'll like me. I also don't like confrontation so when I had a problem with someone, I would usually just let it boil and let resentment grow and grow, which is not a good way to do things. Then, there's the whole issue of just figuring out who you are, and people change and that's okay!
But then there's Joice. She was my roommate my first year of college, and will always be one of my best friends. There are so many things that she helped me get through over the years, and continues to help me through. She's an amazing woman and is going to do so many great things. I'm so grateful to have her in my life, always cheering me on. She's mentioned a million times on here, but I just wanted to give her another shout out:)
Comments
Post a Comment