Skip to main content

Father's Day

I love the fathers in my life. My dad is such an amazing man and I really look up to him. The Family: A Proclamation to the World says that 
"Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families."

My dad (and mom, but this is Father's day:)) have done such a good job of making sure those principles were in our family growing up. I'll never be able to thank my dad for all that he's done for me. It's like my relationship with my Heavenly Father as well. 

My dad is pretty darn cool. For my graduation, he wrote me a letter which he hasn't done since I was little. Not only that, but he sealed it with a wax seal. That letter really meant a lot to me. 
This is my favorite picture of my dad and I.

Then there's my father in law. It's been a bit of a journey getting along with him. But he loves me, and he wants me to be happy. He always makes sure that we're taken care of as well, and he raised an amazing son.
 
I had a dream a few months ago that my house key broke in the lock for my front door. I was trying to get someone to help me, and Sammy wouldn't answer his phone. So I called Sammy's dad and asked him for help. He wasn't making any sense on the phone, so I said I would call my real dad. That dream was a silly one, and I know that it would never happen. It's nice to know that both of my dad's would do anything in their power to help me.
I'm so thankful for the amazing father's in my life, and can't wait to see Sammy become a father one day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...