Skip to main content

Happy Father's Day

I have the best dad ever. Everyone always says that, but it's actually true here. To preserve his secret identity, I shall not post pictures of him in this post. I love him so much though and am such lucky girl. He knows about practically everything and is one of those dad's who needs a piece of graph paper and pens to explain the simplest of things. He has one of the strongest testimonies I've ever seen and has definitely helped mine. He knows all about computers, cars, and rock and roll. You can always find him strumming on his guitar.

I saw a bumper sticker today that said yes this is my truck, no I will not help you move. It instantly reminded me of my dad. He's always there to help with the many, many, many moves that happen. Always there with his truck. One time I told him he should sell the truck so that we wouldn't have to go on so many moves. He said that since we had been blessed so much it was our responsibility to help others. That really stuck with me.

I'm so grateful to have such a loving, knowledgeable, caring dad that holds the priesthood. I never realized how much the priesthood meant to me until this last year. If it was gone, life would be completely different. I'm so grateful for father's day. Dad's need all the recognition they can get out there. Especially in this new day. Have you seen all those commercials out there, where the woman is like men can't do anything. We NEED men. We're different for a reason. We balance each other out. Dad's do so much work, just like mom's, and get bad raps. I'm thankful for such a wonderful dad and a day to celebrate them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...