Skip to main content

I feel like a pathetic teenage boy who would fall in love with a rock.

College is almost here. AHHHH!!! Which means I need to find a roommate. AHHHHH!!!! And, since the school only uses its email system, I missed the email a few weeks ago saying we pick our roommates on this weird Facebook app. So, being two weeks late to the show, I'm on there, thinking that everyone who shows up doesn't have a roommate. I thought about it for an hour, and narrowed my decision down to two people. Then, I sent the fateful roommate request. Guess what? Both of those people already had roommates.

That's ok, I told myself. I looked at the other people and sent them all emails, pouring out my soul, ok not really, but they were all really long emails about why I thought we would be great roommates and what we had in common. Guess what? Since I wasn't already friends with them on the Facebook, none of them got the emails. So now those are all just floating around out there, for them to randomly find someday years later, and to think I'm a total creeper. Haha. 

So then, I started adding them as Facebook friends and staring at the computer, waiting for them to accept me. The second they did, I wrote on their wall, Hey, I was just wondering if you already have a roommate?  This is where I'm starting to feel like a pathetic teenage boy who would fall in love with a rock. Because let's face it, they're out there and that's what they do. The second you add them as a friend they email you telling you you're beautiful and they'd like to get to know you and bla bla bla. And you know they don't mean it because they would fall in love with a rock. I've had quite a few of those happen to me. As soon as they do I hit the DELETE button. So it sucks that this is what it's come too.

And the fact of the matter is, I don't know how picky I can be. Because I would really love a roommate who doesn't drink or do drugs, have people over ALL the time, and doesn't expect me to be their shadow. But right now, all the people who are left drink but promise they won't do it in the room, and want a roommate who's into all kinds of sports and such. Me = not sporty girl. So, do I wait it out for a roommate who doesn't drink, which I don't know will happen? Or do I pick someone who does and wishes I was an olympian?

I found a really pretty rock outside. I think I'm falling in love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...