Skip to main content

Embarrassed

I am so embarrassed right now, I am dreading going to my classes. Oh goodness. . .

So, in my fiction class we were having a contest. We all had to write a story about a 'boring topic' from a list. We had to listen to a podcast that showed how it was done. The podcast was an hour long. I listened to the first ten minutes of it, supposing I had the gist of the assignment. The story that I heard on the podcast was about a woman's period experience and it was disgusting, but I felt so bad for her! So, I understood the assignment as to write a disgusting story in detail, yet make someone feel sorry for you. I remembered reading something on the assignment page about disgusting details, so I felt golden. I put my all into this story, and it was pretty gross but I felt like I had toned it down quite a bit from the original. So, I went to class hoping to win the contest!

We threw all our stories in a bag and our teacher read them one by one and we were to vote. As I listened, my stomach sank and I couldn't breathe. Everyone's story was not disgusting in anyway, yet was still interesting. I pulled up the assignment descriptions on my phone. It said in clear words to NOT write a disgusting story or put much detail into the story because she hated reading those out loud and had had particularly mean students do that to her in the past. I wanted to cry. I secretly hoped we'd run out of time and she wouldn't read it.

But, she did. Her face turned red and she looked quite upset. She only read a few sentences and was shaking her head back and forth. I wanted to disappear right then. Even though my name wasn't on it, I'm sure she knew it was me. At the end, people could say which story they wrote if they wanted to and with each confession she'd nod and say, Yeah I thought that one was yours.

I'm so embarrassed and don't want to see her face today. I really respect this teacher and she's really helped me out this year. I know I should explain to her that I misread the assignment but I'm so embarrassed and don't want her to hate me so I don't even want to cough up to that.

 I'm so nervous I keep bursting out into song randomly. Sammy pointed out to me that when I'm nervous I sing the same line of a song over and over again. Today it's Friends for Dinner! from the Land Before Time. Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. I bet if you wrote her an e-mail or went in and talked to her, she'd completely understand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.... what happened?? Follow up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this post on my phone at work (shh!) and I screamed OMG out loud

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...