Skip to main content

Fiasco

The Best F Words
I have a confession. I have to cry at least once a month, or I lose it. I go crazy. I can't handle the world. Everything gets so bottled up inside, and I just cry. This may or may not always happen during PMS week…

It happens at the weirdest places. And honestly, it makes me giggle. I think it's funny. Because every month without fail I forget that I need to do this until the moment where I just lose it. When I do lose it, it's a fiasco. My face turns alllll red and my makeup just disappears. It doesn't run or anything, it's just gone. My eyes puff up and my face gets so irrated that the littlest touch hurts. Then there's the runny nose all over the place and then the lost mascara and snot somehow in my hair. I try my hardest not to lose it at church because, I am not cute when I cry.

Why am I writing about this? Because, I think it's kind of funny and makes me giggle. I've been so afraid of crying all my life and now, I just do it everywhere at the weirdest times, and, I feel a lot of love when I cry because I have an awesome best friend. So, I kind of want to remember all of those fiascos.

Sammy has a towel in the back of his car called the crying towel. I cry in his car so much that he put it there. It's to blow my nose in and get that mascara. (That's where it disappears to!)

For some reason, I like to cry in his car. It feels safe there.

I cried through half of Man of Steel when we saw it. I was so upset that Sammy didn't propose to me then because I'd thought in my mind he was going to and had been prepping myself all day long. He didn't understand where that idea came from so I cried through the whole movie, stopped, ate some popcorn, then cried some more.

Man of Steel was on the other night and Sammy said I should give it a try to see if I actually liked it this time. I ended up crying again because it was time for my monthly cry and I just really don't like that movie. We watched basketball after that and everything was better.

I cried while we walking to a soccer game. Sammy turned me around and I cried it out in the car, then we went to the game and had a really fun time!

I cried the last half hour of New Years eve and the first hour of New Years. It was a great way to enter the New Year.

I cried at school because I got stressed over people at a vending machine. I ate while I cried because I had to get to work right after and ya know, I can multi task.

I cried because I heard the Phantom of the Opera music and that stuff gives me nightmares and I remember just being on the phone with Sammy blubbering about it and the next day he was like I had no idea what was going on.

There's been plenty more times but they aren't coming to mind right now. crying. It can seem like such a fiasco, but it's really not. Sure, you may not look your best. But it's important to get things out. And, I think it's important to be able to laugh at yourself. I've always been so afraid of crying but now I think it's one of my strengths. I just let myself go, then move on with life. Whether it be hormones taking over or life just gets hard. Crying is good.

Big girls do cry.

Comments

  1. So I just wrote this super long comment and it disappeared! Yikes! Basically, I'm your crying twin. I'm such an ugly crier hahah my whole face swells up! And I cry at the drop of the hat! The other day reading the Moses story I just about lost it thinking about all those cute Jewish babies being slaughtered! I love that you have a crying towel too! I have tissues EVERYWHERE just for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry all the time too! I bawled last week at work. I still have no idea why I was crying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...