Skip to main content

I'm going to meet Jack Hanna. Maybe.

Yesterday, I went and applied for a job downtown, so I can hopefully have a job when I start school. Because I'm going to be let go from Vikki's soon. So anyways. I went downtown with the bestby. He drove because he's a sweetheart and doesn't get stressed out while driving like I do. Especially downtown. Plus I wasn't feeling so hot. So we went down town, turned in the application, browsed the bookstore. Then we were leaving. And I saw it. A huge poster that said Jack Hanna is coming August 22 at 11:00!!! I stopped right in my tracks and let out a little squeal.

He better bring the kangaroo. And let me pet it.

I love Jack Hanna. I spent most of childhood watching and rewatching three of his tapes on VHS. My favorite was the baby animals one. Jack Hanna introduced me to silent movies. Jack Hanna fueled my love for the little creatures of the earth. He also gave me the words to describe a friends noisy chewing back in ninth grade. (He sounded like a iguana eating a banana.)
Iguana Eating Banana Here is the closest video to that noise I could find. Listen really closely, then imagine a 15 year old person making those noises much louder.

So, he's coming! On my third day of college. There's a slight problem. I kind of have a class that starts at 11. It goes until 12:15. His performance goes from 11 till 1. I hope it will be one of those events where you can just walk in and not have the whole room staring at you. Because I REALLY want to go! Like, really really really really REALLY bad! And I hope that he doesn't show the really cool animals until I get there :)

On another college related note, my friend asked me if I wanted to see Imagine Dragons in September. I was like yeah, let me ask my mo- OH WAIT! I DON'T HAVE TO ASK MY MOM FOR PERMISSION BECAUSE I'M GOING TO BE A COLLEGE STUDENT AND CAN DO WHAT I WANT! It was quite an exciting moment. I'm not one of those people who doesn't do anything without asking for permission first. I'm a big girl, and I was raised to be independent. So I knew how to take care of myself when the time came that I need to. Which will be in a month. And which is why I was able to decide that this would be an ok concert to attend without moshing and walking distance from my dorm. :)

I hope the bestby looks like Jack Hanna when he's old and wears cute little slings with kangaroos in them. Hahahaha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...