Skip to main content

. . . He's BACK!

. . . He's BACK!!!! The bestby's back! I'm thankful he's back because, I missed him, and I could finally communicate all the things I couldn't over the phone. His mom texted me the day he left and asked if I wanted to come with her to pick him up from the airport. Of course I said yes. So today I drove over to his house, got there about twenty minutes before we were even supposed to leave, and we were on our way. I'm so glad that it's so easy to get along with his mom. I learned a whole lot today during that drive.

The funniest parts were when he'd be on the phone with his mom and I'd have to be so quiet and then he would text me seconds later saying the exact same thing I'd heard him say to his mom. Anyways. I hid in the back and ducked and fought the urge to look up. I was so excited to see him! The back door opened, they loaded up their luggage, fought over the shot gun. The bestby had no idea I was sitting inches away. When he lost the battle for shotgun, he opened up the back door and Ta Dah! He was so cute. He was like, Hey! You're not on your way to my house!

It was such a sweet reunion, it looked a little something like this.



I now know what plane smells like. It's quite an odd smell. Why are clothes so good at absorbing different smells? Just curious. I spent the rest of the day helping the bestby move furniture around because they're getting new carpeting. I'm a pretty great mover, thanks to my dad's calling as an elders quorum president. Moving into my dorm is going to be a breeze. 

I sort of have an obsession with dust. I feel so accomplished when it's gone. I will dust entire surfaces off with my fingers because I do a better job than some swiffer. So when we moved everything out and it was dusting time, I sort of went to town. I made a HUGE dust bunny. It was quite satisfying. :) 

Guess who's sleeping with me tonight, fresh from Disneyland? Simba! He's a pillow pet! SO COOL!

The Lion King kind of was one of my favorites as a kid. I have a whole lot of memories with that movie. Waiting anxiously for it to rewind in the VHS so I could rematch it the third time in a day. My grandma's cat. Singing the coconut song at the top of my lungs with Kelsey. Being scared of the hyena fire scene when I was little. Using Rafiki as quotes. The day I was baptized. My 18th birthday when it was in theaters. I love the Lion King. Simba and I are going to have some good times. 

Isn't this the coolest cup ever?!


I'm so glad my bestby's back. I love him :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...