Skip to main content

Little Bit o Writing Monday!

This one, I was experimenting writing in second person. Well kind of. And I was inspired from a friend's crazy love life. Yeah. 

     I remember that day as clearly as if it was yesterday. For all that matters it could've been yesterday. Such a cliché phrase I know. But that's all that day was, a day of cliches. I was headed over to Enrique's for dinner. Then we were going to go see a movie. Well, that's what my mom thought anyways. We were actually going to a party at one of Enrique's homies houses. He was one of those people, the kind that call their friends homies. Cliché. I didn't really want to go to the party that night. It'd been awhile since Enrique and I had gone out alone on an actual date. Like, to a movie. Those days of simple dates had stopped two months ago. Enrique had found something else he loved to do. But that was ok. Because I loved Enrique. I loved him.
     When I arrived at Enrique's house, his younger brother opened the door. I automatically looked down at my feet.
     “Hey Char,” he grunted. I glanced up at him. He had his arms crossed across his chest looking straight at me.
     “Hey Will.” Will and Enrique didn't look much like brothers. Enrique had a thick mustache perched on his lip. Will was clean shaven. Enrique was slim and short. Will was taller and more muscular. Enrique had dropped out of school but was almost done with his GED. Will was in line to be valedictorian in a year. Enrique didn't hang with the best crowd around. Will's friends didn't even party. Enrique was my boyfriend. And Will was my ex.
     Will didn't say anything else, he just moved out of my way so I could walk in. I headed straight down to the basement where Enrique's room was. The door was shut as usual. I was about to knock but I heard talking inside. I leaned my head against the door and listened in. Enrique was speaking in spanish. He sounded pissed off. I tried to understand what he was saying but it was no use. I'd failed Spanish 1 two years ago and only knew a few cuss words Enrique had taught me.
     Enrique started yelling at the phone. That was when I started recognizing every other word. I heard one of his homies names mixed in there. It was the one who was throwing the party tonight. Enrique stopped talking and started walking towards the door. I backed up quickly, getting as far away from the door as possible before he slammed opened the door. I didn't want him to know that I'd been eavesdropping. Enrique's face was all scrunched up when he opened the door. Even though he was obviously upset I couldn't help smiling at his face. It was so cute. Enrique noticed I was standing there. Then he smiled.
     “Hey girl.” I ran over to him. He kissed me. Hard. After some time I pulled away.
     “Enrique, I thought we were going to the party?” Enrique stared at me for a second, trying to process what I had just said.
“Yeah, about that. I was thinking about staying here and having our own party,” he murmured into my neck. Then his lips were back on mine.
     And that's where you came in.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...