Skip to main content

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite

Guess what? Yep, they found bed bugs in our dorm. Not in my room, but in my other roommates room. I was headed off to work yesterday when I heard a scream and freaking out. My other roommate who had watched extensive movies about bed bugs before coming, had found one. They're bigger than I thought they were. And the one she found and killed was blood red. Go google bed bugs after this, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Since I had work though, I wasn't there for the rest of the day when the RA's came in and did an inspection, then the head lady, then a bug expert, and finally an exterminator. Apparently now they're doing a heat treatment and spray to our dorms. I'm at home for the weekend so when I come back I hope everything's alright and the bed bugs are gone forever.

Everyone else hasn't come to the conclusion that this is an awesome story to tell. I mean come on, bed bugs the first week of college?! The children are going to love this story.

The only bad thing is I keep finding little itchy things on my skin and I'm scared they're bed bug bites even though they didn't find any in my room of the shared rooms. Google isn't helping a girl out either. All the bites look completely different and some of them definitely match what I've got but then again it might be something else. I'll just wait and see if they go away.

Another great story! The bestby had family in town so after a crazy day I went bowling with them. Well when I first got to his house I saw a cute little dog running around. It ran right up to me and rolled onto it's tummy. So of course I petted it. It was so cute. Man I miss having a dog up at the dorm. And animals. Seeing that dog made me so happy and better. So naturally when we were leaving and the dog started running for my car, I opened the door. And didn't really stop it and it's best friend from getting in. Once they were in though, they didn't want to leave. I didn't want them to leave either.

But sadly, they had too. They weren't my dogs. And we were going bowling. So the bestby and his whole family got them to the house they think they belonged to, and when no one would answer and the dogs wouldn't stay, they put them inside the gate.

Hopefully they belong there because otherwise someone is going to come home to two new very friendly dogs.

Oh, and when we were bowling, the bestby won me this from those claw machines. It's a little freaky looking but I love it!
It's nice being home. I kind of don't want to go back. Sigh.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Christmas Lights

It’s funny having a baby and then trying to do things. I’ve noticed over the last year that I’ve gotten an I Can’t do that sort of attitude. We can’t do that because Aaron will cry and we’ll get cranky and so on. I’m really trying to work on that.  My anxiety out in public is much worse too. Now I have two people to protect not just myself. The library definitely changed how I look at places and I wish it hadn’t.  Sammy really wanted to go to a Christmas village downtown but I was too overwhelmed by all the logistics. So we compromised and went to one near us. It was so much fun! It was cold out but not too too bad. Aaron loves looking at the Christmas lights at our apartments, and he really loved these ones. It was so much more fun trying to look at these things through his eyes.  He was also fascinated by the mini Santa and Mrs. Clause at grandma’s house.  I’m so glad we went and can’t wait to go next year when he’s walking:)