Skip to main content

I don't know how to spell segway.

I can't figure out how to spell segway, and frankly I'm too lazy to go look it up. So please excuse my misspelling. Anyways. Remember how awhile ago I said I was going to catch a bus down to go to a certain ward on Sundays? Being the un bus savvy person that I am, I didn't realize that the bus schedules change on the weekends, particularly on Sundays. Friday I decided to check the bus schedules. Then I saw that the bus I needed didn't run on Sundays. I checked other buses. Basically, there was no way for me to get to church by bus on Sunday. So plans changed. I was going to take a bus home Saturday during the day, spend the night, go to church, then go back to school.

Saturday morning. I looked at the bus schedules. I found one leaving at 11:46. That seemed like a great time. I had breakfast, attempted to do my hair, then took it out in the middle of eating my Reese's puffs because I hate not being able to just run my fingers through my hair all the time. I went upstairs, packed a few things I'd need for the trip, took out a lot of things because I didn't want to carry it all. I decided to leave my room 30 minutes early. That seemed like plenty of time to get to the station.

Yeah. I didn't make it in time. Things happened. I was only half way there four minutes before the bus left. I contemplated running but the lights just weren't working with me and I didn't want to. Haha. And that moment is when it happened. That is when I almost got run over by a tour group on segways. (Those rolly things mall cops use.) I was crossing the street when they all came rolling by. Since they were a tour group, it was obvious that none of them knew how to fully use the segways.

I'd been angry earlier about why I was missing my bus. But then those segways rolled by and I couldn't help but giggle. I immediately stopped (once I'd made it across the street of course) and dug through my backpack to find my camera. This was too funny not to capture. I tried to be very inconspicuous while taking the picture though which is why it only looks like there's a few of them. Trust me, there were a whole lot more.

Those segways helped me find humor in the situation, and that it wasn't that big of a deal that I'd missed the bus and the next one didn't leave for an hour. Luckily my amazing mom came and got me. While I waited for her, I found where all my classes were. And decided that I really, really need my bike here. It's chained up to a pole as I write this, ready for the first day of college tomorrow. Eep, I'm nervous! My backpacks all packed though, ready to go. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...