Skip to main content

The Future

The Best F Words

Todays F word is the future. Oh boy, I spend a lot of my time thinking about the future, which probably isn't healthy. I've been trying to think more about the here and now. But, that doesn't mean I can't think about the future. : )
Five years ago, when I thought about my life, I'd probably picture myself exactly where I am which is pretty funny. Three years ago, no way. It'll be funny to see how my views change over time.

Right here, right now, these are my goals for the next five years

1. Be sealed to Senor Sammy for time and all eternity. Right now, there's a lot that needs to happen to get there and I know it's going to be a tough path. But, it'll be so worth it.

2. Get published. Oh, I want this so so so bad, I was crying last night again because at times it seems so attainable but at others, it seems so far. This is going to be so much work but I want it so bad. I WILL be an author.

3. See Sammy and I graduate college.

4. Get off anti-depressants. This is something that I never wanted to be on. I know that I would not be where I am today without the help of antidepressants. But, I feel that someday through hard hard work, I could get off this medication and function on my own. I hope to do that in the next five years because of goal 5

5. Become a mother. At first, thinking about doing this in the next five years is horrifying! But, then I realized, it's five years. I'll almost be 26. That desire to be a mother is in me and some days I'm like, ok! Let's do this! NOW! Others I'm like, ha, no waaay. But I want to be a mother. :)

There's so many other things that I want to accomplish in the next five years but I feel as if 5 is appropriate. I can't wait to see what the future holds, and feel confident that I can attain all of these goals with the help of my Heavenly Father and hard work.


Comments

  1. These are all worthwhile goals! I want to be published too!!! The thought of it absolutely scares the crap out of me though! And, I have to say, I wholeheartedly recommend becoming a mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your goals are great! I too want to get off my antidepressants so I can have kids... but I have a LONG time to go before that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...