Skip to main content

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read Jana's blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you!

So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;)

"The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you. You pass the award onto 11 other blogs."

So here's my eleven random facts. Hopefully I haven't already written them on here.

1. When I was little I would convince my little sister that her Christmas presents from Santa had accidentally been switched with mine, therefore always getting the cooler looking pony or girl lion.

2. I chose to be left handed. In kindergarten I was coloring with both hands when my teacher told me that I had to pick a hand. I looked down at both my crayons. I had a pink crayon in the left hand and a purple crayon in the right. My favorite My Little Pony that had been lost to the trashcan had been pink, so I went with the pink crayon.

3. The first day of first grade, sixth grade, and seventh grade I walked in and said, that teacher's pregnant. Since their children were all born in the end of May respectively, there was no way they could have had a baby bump at the time I said that. I have a gift people!

4. I hate making plans with people. I don't like being tied down at a future date where I might want to take a nap.

5. I have a really great memory. At least, when it comes to actual memories. I can remember back to when I was two. That's probably why all these facts are from when I was little.

6. I'm practicing writing in cursive again. It makes taking notes fun.

7. I can crochet.

8. In 11th grade, my best two girlfriends and I made a bucket list for the year that included items like follow someone home, go streaking, drink directly from a soda machine, and successfully convince someone we were British. Three of those four items were completed.

9. I can't function if I don't take a shower in the morning. I just don't feel like a human!

10. I wrote my own HTML code in the seventh grade. With lots of help from my dad. Who knows that stuff. You can see the majorly embarrassing masterful website here. Oh man, I was obsessed with Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean and going to New York at the time.

11. Bugs and I, we go through phases. Sometimes I stare at them in wonder as they crawl through this ginormous world. Other times I won't use the bathroom downstairs because a spider has claimed the sink home.

My Answers to Jana's questions.


1. What is the best Halloween costume you have ever worn? Definitely the dog suit I said was a horse. 

2. If you could choose any celebrity to play you in a movie of your life who would you pick? Emma Watson

3. Where is your next vacation spot? Somewhere warm! Like those beaches in the Bachelorette

4. What would you want to have as your last meal? Birthday cake ice cream, loaded burritos, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, and grilled cheese. Yum. 

5. Favorite TV show? NCIS 

6. Favorite movie quote? All you need are 20 seconds of courage- We Bought a Zoo

7. If you could be any animal what would you be? Do dinosaurs count as animals? 

8. What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas because all the family time, snuggling in warm blankets, and just what the holiday is about in general.

9. What is your favorite family tradition? Sunday discussions with the fam. 

10. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A cowgirl who raised dolphins. And an author. That's what I'm still trying to do. 

11. Do you collect anything? Pop Tops, hence my blog name

Here's my eleven questions. 

1. What do you do when no one else is around?
2. Favorite book? 
3. Do you have to put your socks and shoes on in a particular order? 
4. A recent embarrassing moment? 
5. Do you still have any of your childhood toys, blankets, etc?
6. Would you rather be in pictures or taking them?
7. First kiss?
8. If you could be the opposite gender for a day, what would you do?
9. Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
10. What's your perfect weather?
11. Ever been stung by a bee/wasp/ other creature?


Now, it's nomination time! I choose:

Jeanette at All About our Kids
Amy at Harris Inc.
Laura at Girl in Flight
Christine at Apartment 46
Shelly at The Hadfields

Liebster it up ladies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...