Skip to main content

Looks Better on Me

I know I'm not the only one who does this. Who steals their man's shirts. But, it's not our faults they look better on us anyways! This little number lives with me now :) It's so comfy!

It's not my fault it looks better on me.

In other news, thanks so much for all the kind words for Sammy. It's only day two, and unfortunately it seems like this journey has a few more hills. It doesn't surprise me. Oh patience, you cursed virtue. I remember once praying for patience to have patience, worst idea ever. Patience has always been my weak spot, and being with Sammy, I've definitely had to learn some patience. Even from the beginning, the agonizing moments waiting for him to text me back what our math homework was. Trying to worm my way into his group of friends.

Man. Now I really miss my junior year. That was the best year of school ever. I had a pet fish, met Sammy, built a catapult, did crazy fun things with my girls. Cursed facebook and it's easy access to the past. I found some gems in the photo section. Such a fun year. :) It makes me smile and laugh just remembering all the crazy things.

Ok, in this one I was 15. But it made me laugh!

You totally want to ride on the bus with me huh?

Catapult! And Justin! I miss that kid. 

I miss it. Miss the times where my biggest worry was what type of mac and cheese to make for lunch. Trying to brainstorm some skit for our history class. Burying butterflies and bathroom ghosts in the back of the school. Dang it. Growing up sucks. 


Comments

  1. It does stink, growing up. But, my dear you are doing a marvelous job of it. One day you'll look back and say, "Man, I've learned so much". At least until the next time something happens and you realize you know nothing at all. Story of my life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...