Skip to main content
Whenever I'm writing an essay, I usually figure out what I'm writing about by the end of the essay, and have a bunch of huge revelations on the way there. I'm hoping that's what happens right now. I was at work today so unfortunately I was unable to watch conference. I was on the bus when I found out that the ages for missions had been changed. For a second, I couldn't believe it. And then I felt immediately lost. Minutes afterwards is when the questions started. Are you going to go?! It hadn't even sunk in yet. My rebel spirit immediately says no way. No way, no way nuh uh. Never happening.

At the beginning of the week, more things in the working plan of the future started falling into place. There was excitement, knowing where I was going. All that confusion over the summer was worth it. Higher goals were being reached for.

Now I'm feeling just a little confused. I know what I want. And I know how to get there. But missions are great things as well. I know if I went there would be tons of blessings. Except, that's not what I want to do. But is it what I need to do? I'm scared to pray about it. Because a part of me is worried that I'll be punished for doing what I want to do. That's my dilemma.

I actually had a dream a month ago that the bestby and I were headed for the MTC. We were crying the whole way and I could feel the same knot in my stomach that I have now. We were both there, at the same time, and we were miserable. So then we escaped. Now, I'm not one to go taking all my dreams to heart, but there have been a few over my life that I've paid extra attention to. Maybe this is one. And the moral is to run, run, run.

Sorry this is so random and blunt. Now isn't the time for euphemisms.


Comments

  1. Don't let the fear of an answer keep you from praying. It's the only way you can find out what great things Heavenly Father has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...