Skip to main content

A Most Important Day

Today, was my mom's birthday. One of the most important days in my book by far. I was glad I didn't have to work today and was able to see her for a little while. Every minute counts with people you love. I have a pretty great mom, and am glad that I was lucky enough to take on a lot of her traits. Like her love of cereal for instance. There's no way I can possibly write down all the things I admire and love about her, so I'll try to get a few.

She's very strong, in so many ways. I only see part of what she goes through, and she keeps going.

She's faithful. She's always thinking of creative ways to get her scripture study in, and always has answers for my questions. She's always learning more and trying to be better.

She's smart. She knows about so many different things like sewing, 80's bands, photography, and how to rake leaves faster. (You run the lawn mower over them.)

She always says thank you, even for the little things like doing the dishes. She notices all those things.

She's humble, kind, caring. She apologizes if she thinks she's done you wrong, when most the time she hasn't.

She's honest. Amazingly so. She always goes back to return an extra dime in change.

Boy, can she laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

She takes silly pictures like these.

She loves maroon shirts. She also taught me that the really comfy shirts are always in the boys section.

She always thinks you're beautiful. 

She's always fixing things.

She always knows where everything is. 

She's always there. 

I love my mom so very much, and I'm so glad that she's MINE. She's my best friend and example. I love her so very much and am glad I get to spend eternity with my family. Happy Birthday Mom, you're the best!

Comments

  1. I love your Mom too. She is fantastic. Tell her I said Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...