Skip to main content

Two years and one day ago. (her version)

2 years ago and one day, a very important event happened. Me and my two best girlfriends kidnapped Sammy and took him to Coldstone because he hates ice cream. I always laugh thinking about that day, and just remembered in the shower this morning that it happened two years ago, and one day. (I can remember because it was one week before his birthday, another important event in our history.)

It went down like this. Kelsey and Noellyn had class with him right before we all had an off hour. I got out of gym early and practically ran over to their classroom, ready to go. When the bell rang, my heart was a racing! Kelsey and Noellyn joined me in the convenient location where we looked like we were just talking, but could watch Sammy exit the class. He took his sweet time getting out that day, I remember that. When he did walk out, he was with his best guy friend. Dang it. The three of us followed closely behind as they talked and walked. Sammy dropped his friend off at class. It was go time!

I ran up behind him and threw a blindfold over his face. Not judging his height correctly, I barely got it over his face. Sammy instantly started squirming and started to run. I didn't let him get away though, oh no. I held onto that boy! I led him outside and caught him the other times he tried to run away. Kelsey and Noellyn were giggling like crazy. We took Sammy and I helped him get in the back of Kelsey's car. Once he was all buckled in, I climbed in on the other side sitting next to him. Silly guy kept trying to take the blindfold off though so we were forced to duct tape him.

Since they were my best friends at the time, of course there was duct tape in the car. :) Anyways. So Kelsey drove us to Coldstone while Sammy was trying to guess the whole time where we were going. A few times when Kelsey made turns he would lean over on me and be like ahhh! At the time I thought he was car sick, but he later told me that was his attempt at flirting. 

I may or may not have sat very close to him the whole time, smelling him. He smells really good! That's part of why I like him. Hahaha! At red lights, we all watched the other cars to see if they were looking at us. At one point a car full of old ladies was. They looked scared for a second, then saw a guy blindfolded in a car with three girls and then started laughing. It was great. 

When we got to Coldstone, we realized that we had duct taped his hands after putting his seatbelt on. So we had to take the duct tape off to get him out of the car. I helped lead Sammy to Coldstone, and then he took off his blindfold and laughed. We'd taken him for ice cream! 

We ended up getting him a smoothie while us three girls got the best ice cream concoction ever, the birthday cake something. I forget the name. My hips beg me to stay away from it. It's seriously the best ice cream concoction ever. It's cake batter ice cream with oreos, brownies, sprinkles, and hot fudge. YUM! (One of the best things about having a boyfriend who doesn't like chocolate, ice cream, peanut butter, jelly, and popcorn is that I never have to share. I kind of get protective of my food at times.)

I got to sit by Sammy the whole car ride, at Coldstone, the car ride back, and then in Spanish class afterwards. I felt so proud the whole class when he told everyone that I had kidnapped him and it'd been awesome. Which is why I had the momentary guts to do what I did on his birthday a week later. That my friends, is a story for another day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...