Skip to main content

Museums are fun when the sun shines too.

Remember Night at the museum? Yeah, well museums are fun during the day too. Sammy and I were in need of a fun date after the past few weeks, so to the museum we went! It was on our summer bucket list but we never really made it. Until this Saturday! It was a great date! Especially since both of us have been learning so much and were able to apply our knowledge at the museum. I had great fun telling Sammy if the skeletons were boys or girls and showing him their versions of the same bones we have. He taught me alllll about Egypt and such. I was quite impressed. It was a great day of being silly.

Poop!

 One time a friend asked Sammy and I why our relationship works so well. I said it's because we can talk about poop. Hahaha!

Seems like he's giving up the Coke.

My deer in the headlights look

Posing with the lynxes. They're my school's mascot!

Kisses for Jacob. 

Sammy posed with Hugh Jackman and brother, in wolverine form of course.

I finally got a picture with Perry the Platypus

There was some Owl City song I was in love with forever ago and I spent hours singing about Albatrosses. Well that's what they are. 

I had to blur out Sammy's undiepants. Silly boy.

I finally look short! 


I've used to be self conscious of my feet. Then I grew up. But it was funny to see how little my feet are compared to the dinos. That's just ONE bone in their foot.

I absolutely love my biological anthropology class. I can't wait for Tuesdays and Thursdays. They're my favorite days of the week. After seeing how horrible one of my midterms went, I like to comfort myself with the fact I have over 100% in both anthro classes. 

Anyways. I know a WHOLE lot about primates. Like, a lot. Don't get me started. I am beyond excited that the zoo has a new exhibit where the monkeys can swing right over your head. RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD! I can watch an orangutang brachiate up close! That's a date for another day though. Anyways. So seeing the primates at the museum was my favorite part.

This skeleton right here is proconsul. Man, look at those canines! And those diastemas! And the lack of the frontal plate. At least he has a post orbital bar. 

We learned about proconsul last week, and I was jumping around with excitement that they had a proconsul skeleton! 

This is what the bones would look like if I organized them.

I really like dinosaurs.

 I was a bit disappointed in the dinosaur exhibit. I distinctly remember there being a LOT more dinosaurs than were there. Then again, the last time I saw the dinosaurs I was a whole lot smaller. But seriously, they should consider getting some more dinosaurs, pronto. And letting me see them first. 

Also, Sammy didn't get in trouble for touching everything! As he says, he sees with his hands not his eyes. So he often worries me at stores when he is 'seeing' something that costs $200. But museums are made for small children we were made aware, so all was well. There were multiple times the two of us were playing a game or touching some fossils and there would be a whole line of little kids behind us.

There was this little rock climbing wall to test your skeletal muscles. It looked easy peasy to me, so while Sammy climbed it I teased him saying that when I beat him he needed to go to the gym. He got so close but failed at the last second. Then it was my turn. I made it about three feet, then fell off. I was so embarrassed. I tried again and the same thing happened. Sammy laughed pretty hard at me, then told me which rocks to grab to get sort of around the thing.

We redid the wall again later at the same time, and I totally made it to the end that time. By cheating a few times. I'm sort of no fun to play games with by the way.

It was a great great day and I was glad for it. We needed a silly day.

Speaking of silly! Sammy's getting a cold. So he's been sneezing a lot. And when he sneezes he does it six times in a row. So naturally, when I could tell he was about to sneeze, I tapped his cheek a few times. It stopped him from sneezing, but he was not happy because trapped sneezes are the worst. So he started tickling me. To which I screamed, "I wasn't that bad!" We're dorks. But he loves me and I love him :) The end!


Comments

  1. A rock wall?! I want to climb it! Where is this magical wall?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Christmas Lights

It’s funny having a baby and then trying to do things. I’ve noticed over the last year that I’ve gotten an I Can’t do that sort of attitude. We can’t do that because Aaron will cry and we’ll get cranky and so on. I’m really trying to work on that.  My anxiety out in public is much worse too. Now I have two people to protect not just myself. The library definitely changed how I look at places and I wish it hadn’t.  Sammy really wanted to go to a Christmas village downtown but I was too overwhelmed by all the logistics. So we compromised and went to one near us. It was so much fun! It was cold out but not too too bad. Aaron loves looking at the Christmas lights at our apartments, and he really loved these ones. It was so much more fun trying to look at these things through his eyes.  He was also fascinated by the mini Santa and Mrs. Clause at grandma’s house.  I’m so glad we went and can’t wait to go next year when he’s walking:)